Friday, January 2, 2015

Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Aquamarine -I-

According to Pantone, the color Aquamarine is to be the lead color for women for this upcoming spring season of 2015.  It is described as an "airy blue with a dreamy feel".  Cool and calming, it is a shade with a wet and watery feel.  This restful blue can also act as a stress reducer which I am sure many of us feel we could benefit from.  I'm already thinking I need to surround myself more with this color!

Pantone suggests combining this shade of blue with Glacier Gray and Marsala but I think it would also pair really well with the Classic Blue especially when working with clay techniques such as mokume gane.



Whenever I mix up the latest Pantone colors I like to bake some extra sample tiles to play around with to see different color combinations.

So here is the color recipe using Kato clay:


Aquamarine

1 part Kato Blue
1 part Silver
10 parts White Mix #1-2*

* This clay base color is found in my
"Clay Color System" tutorial
available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop
or manually sent in an e-mail from

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.